We don’t have to tell most of you that babies are a lot of work, as is homesteading – even of the urban variety. It can be embarrassing to admit how little you may gardened during pregnancy. But you can always get back to it in a serious way.
Top 5 Baby Items for Gardening Mamas
Kids are a handful and can keep you from getting everything done that you need to do to make sure you have fresh vegetables on the table. So, it is essential that you use nap time as productively as possible and when your baby is not napping, that you keep her safe and near while in the garden.
With those things in mind, here’s what we think the top 5 items any gardening mama should have:
1. A bonnet or other type of sun hat – Children can be born with sensitive skin. A sun hat or bonnet is a necessity.
- N’Ice Caps Baby Girls Lacy Bonnet with Flowers Embroidery
- Baby Bonnet Hat Reversible Dual Side Linen, Cotton Floral Combinations Spring Summer Fall Evy Collection Bonnets
- JANGANNSA Newborn Baby Hospital Hat Infant Set Head Cap Lovely Ears Belt Beanie 0-8Months
- 2. Baby Carrier – Some type of baby carrier (i.e. ring sling, soft-structured carrier, etc.) is an absolute must for the busy, homesteading mama. Being carried, or “worn”, is a simple way to keep the baby happy and it lets mama keep her hands free and feet moving.
- Boba Wrap Baby Carrier, Grey – Original Stretchy Infant Sling, Perfect for Newborn Babies and Children up to 35 lbs
- You+Me 4-in-1 Ergonomic Baby Carrier, 8 – 32 lbs (Grey Mesh)
- SUNVENO Baby Hipseat Ergonomic Baby Carrier Soft Cotton 3in1 Safety Infant Newborn Hip Seat for Outdoor Travel 6-36 Months (Gray)
3. Movable baby chair, bouncy seat or standing activity center – Not all activities in the garden or on the homestead are safe to be done while baby is being held or worn. For those times, a place to safely put baby is essential. The nice thing about most chairs, bouncy seats or activity centers is that you can move it around the garden with you, continue to talk/interact with baby and get your work done at the same time.
- Fisher-Price Deluxe Bouncer: See & Soothe, Kernel Pop
- Tiny Love Spin ‘n’ Kick Discovery Arch Toy
- Soothing Portable Swing，Comfort Electric Baby Rocking Chair with Remote
4. Swaddle Blanket –A swaddled baby is (generally) a happy baby and a happy baby sleeps longer, thus allowing mom to get more done.
- Newborn Infant Nursery Swaddle Blanket – Warm Cozy and Soft Knitted Fleece Blanket for Baby Boy and Girl
- Baby Swaddle Blanket | Ultra-Soft Plush Essential for Infants 0-6 Months | Receiving Swaddling Wrap White
- Momcozy Muslin Baby Swaddle Blankets, Large Neutral Receiving Blankets Wrap for Baby, 47 x 47 inch, 4 Pack, Soft Silky 30% Cotton + 70% Bamboo
5. Baby Video Monitor – A baby video monitor will allow you to hang out in the garden, in the backyard and check in with the baby without going inside a million times. Your productivity has gone through the roof. Nap time is now the time of day that you can get the most done and doesn’t mean you are constantly standing at the bottom of the stairs to listen for crying/fussing. Here are a few options to check out:
- Levana Pan/Tilt/Zoom Additional Camera
- Video Baby Monitor Long Range Upgraded 850’ Wireless Range, Night Vision, Temperature Monitoring and Portable 2” Color Screen Serenelife USA SLBCAM20
- Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens
If none of these work here is a great place to find other baby gifts.