Storage companies now make it easier for people to move. Storage options are now easily available to people that need time and optimum convenience.
If you’re about to move and you’re considering opting for storage services, this post is perfect for you. Reading this will not only inform you of the important factors that you should consider when looking for a storage company, but it will also tell you the difference between short-term storage and long-term storage. If you don’t know the difference between the two, you may end up spending more and being counterproductive. To know more and empower yourself to do intelligent moving decisions, do read on.
Should you go for short-term or long-term storage?
Most people can’t clearly tell the difference between short-term storage and long-term storage. All that most know is that long-term storage is for people who want to store items for a longer time. But the difference is so much more than that.
Short-term storage is for you if
- You’re selling your house. You need to opt for short-term storage if you want to successfully stage your house. You need to ensure that most of your belongings are out of sight to make sure that your house looks pristine, clutter-free, and fresh.
- You have no space for new furniture. You should opt for short-term storage if you received furniture or other items from friends and relatives and you still have no room for it until you move. Free yourself from the hassle of having to figure out where to place it. Just have it stored.
- You moved early and the house isn’t available yet. This happens when you move before that home you’re buying is available for move-in. To make it easy on your end, opt for short-term storage of all your items while you stay and relax in a smaller apartment or hotel.
- You’re doing a renovation. If you’re renovating and you don’t want to mess up your house by putting moved furniture just about anywhere, have the items stored temporarily instead. It will make renovating easier and will truly give you peace of mind. If you’re renovating and looking for extra temporary space for your things, you should check out the leading office relocations in the Perth area like Adlam Transport that could offer superb short-term storage services.
Long-term storage is for you if
- You’ve decided to downsize and there are certain belongings that you can’t get rid of. Long-term storage is best for that.
- You’ve entered college! College students need long-term storage because they have lots of stuff that they can’t bring with them to school. Long-term storage is perfect because they could simply have it stored and moved into their permanent place after they graduate.
- You’re moving overseas because of a job. You can simply opt for long-term storage as it will allow you to not bring all your stuff overseas. It will also not require you to sell all your belongings. With long-term storage, they can simply be securely stored and you can retrieve them anytime after your job assignment is done. This is a common scenario with people working in the armed forces.
- You have precious items. Specialty items that you want to save for your future grandkids can be placed in long-term storage. This way, it will always be stored securely and you won’t need to dedicate extra space for it in your house.
5 Important Factors to Consider When Choosing a Storage Company
If you’ve already determined the best storage option for you, it’s time to choose a storage company. When choosing a storage company, you should consider the following factors:
1. Global Connections
Look for a storage company that can help you out regardless of your location around the globe. Look for a company that can easily tend to your needs may it be that you’re in Asia or Europe. Storage companies with global branches and networks will make it easier and faster for you to move wherever in the world you prefer.
2. Service Options
You should look for a company that is not limited to offering storage services. You should look for one that offers moving, transporting, loading, unloading, packing, and unpacking services as well. With such a company, you won’t need to contact different people for different needs. If they can handle everything that you need, you would only need to coordinate with one person and all your logistics needs will be handled smoothly and promptly. If one company will be doing the moving and storing for you, you’d effectively be able to avoid delays.
3. Customer Support
Look for a storage company that offers superb customer service. Know that these are your belongings that you’re putting in their hands so you have to ensure that they can build a good business relationship with you. If you already have a prospective storage company of choice, don’t forget to check online reviews from past customers.
Look for a storage company that offers 24/7 security. You need to ensure that your belongings are safe at all times and that your storage company of choice can do it for you.
A good storage company does not have a separate matrix for extra charges. Look for one that can offer stellar services without excessively charging extra fees to clients. Always ask if they charge extra fees up front.
If you’d consider all the factors and points discussed, you would definitely end up with the best storage plan with the best storage company. All you have to do is apply and research and you’d be good to go! Happy moving!