Staying Healthy This Winter with a Natural Probiotic
Did you know it is almost the first day of spring? Yep. It is. The first day of spring is usually March 19 or March 20th. However, maybe you’re still experiencing snow and freezing temperatures. Lots of you are still stuck inside most of the day. You may have been or may be getting sick. This can be a really yucky time of year. Spring is almost here but is just out of grasp. So, many of you are probably trying to stay healthy and feel good during these final wintery months.
5 Tips to Keep Healthy During the Winter Months
This is probably a no brainer. Your body needs exercise. Even though it may be more difficult to be consistent during winter months, make sure you are getting at least 15 minutes of exercise a day.
Eat a Healthy Diet
Food is your body’s fuel. Make sure you are running it on the best fuel available. Eating a diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables is essential to winter health. Add in a few servings of lean meat, healthy fats, whole wheat grain, and dairy to round out your diet. And, even though there are often a lot of sugary treats during the winter months, it would be best to limit them.
Drink Plenty of Water
Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Our bodies are made up of about 75% water, so we need to make sure we are keeping it in fresh supply. Most people should drink about eight 8oz glasses of water a day. Winter weather can be especially drying, so make sure you are keeping your body hydrated.
Get Enough Sleep
Without sleep, your body is more vulnerable to illness. That means that during the winter, more than ever, it is important to hit the pillow on time every night. An average person needs about 6-8 hours of sleep per night. (Ugh. This is a great reminder for me. How about you?)
Take Appropriate Supplements – Like a Natural Probiotic
Even if you follow all of the tips listed above, you probably still need to boost your nutrition with supplements, especially during the winter months.
Consider taking a probiotic every day.
A probiotic helps promote digestive system balance and will leave you feeling better overall. Let’s be real. If your “digestive system” feels pretty good each day, then the rest of you will usually feeling good, too. You can also consider adding organic supplements as well.
While there are many different brands and varieties of probiotics on the market, you may want to see if the one you’re interested in has these properties:
- Has a gradual release
- Contains 8 mg of doctor-recommended B. Infantis
- Contains 6 different probiotic strains
- Has 3-billion or more live probiotic cells when manufactured
- Still has a minimum of 1-billion live probiotic cells when it is expired (now THAT’S impressive)
Here are some probiotics that meet most if not all of the above suggestions.
1. Probiotics 60 Billion CFU – Dr. Approved Probiotics for Women, Probiotics for Men and Adults, Natural: Shelf Stable Probiotic Supplement with Organic Prebiotic, Acidophilus Probiotic; 30 Capsules
This Physician’s Choice Probiotic contains 60 billion CFUs per serving. There are 10 probiotic strains and an organic prebiotic blend. Dosage is one veggie capsule that is made with non-GMO ingredients and it is shelf-stable.
2. NewRhythm Probiotics 50 Billion CFU 20 Strains, 60 Veggie Capsules, Targeted Release Technology, Stomach Acid Resistant, No Need for Refrigeration, Non-GMO, Gluten Free
The NewRhythm Probiotics recommends taking two capsules each day. It is formulated by doctors with 50 billion living organisms per serving and features targeted release technology to help the probiotics survive the acids in your stomach and intestinal track.
3. Ultra-30 Probiotics 30 Billion CFU – 18 Strains Probiotic with Prebiotics Supplement for Women Men Patented Delayed Release Capsules for Immune and Digestive Health Vegan Non-GMO Gluten-Free 60 Count
The Vita Miracle Ultra-30 Probiotics are 20x more effective than tablets or pearls. They have a guaranteed shelf life and are made in the USA.
4. 1MD BiomeMD Probiotics – 62 Billion CFUs, 15 Clinically Studied Strains – Probiotics with Prebiotics with HMO | Doctor-Formulated for Optimal Digestive Health | 30 Capsules
The 1MD Probiotics are doctor-formulated and feature 15 clinically studied strains and are paired with 4 specially selected prebiotics to maximize effectiveness. They are soy-free, shellfish-free, non-GMO, and Gluten-free.