Well, we’ve hit February now, so you know what that means????
Valentine’s day! It’s right around the corner.
Now, I know, I know…. There are probably a bunch of you out there who are humbug about Valentine’s Day and don’t “celebrate” the “fake” holiday. Well. I’m not one of these people. I love chocolate, flowers, love, feeling special and the color pink. Valentine’s Day can be incredibly fun but it doesn’t have to be so commercial. We love giving and receiving handmade gifts and cards for Valentine’s day. A homemade card can easily be more precious than a diamond.
For those of you looking for something to give to show people you care, these homemade peanut butter cups are the perfect candy for Valentine’s Day and come with a little less guilt! Try them out and I bet you’ll be surprised – simple, rich, delicious, and satisfying.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Making peanut butter cups at home isn’t difficult. As a matter of fact, we have listed links to Amazon products as well which you can get from the comfort of your home. Check out the following recipe.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (Buy it Here)
- 4 tbsp honey (Buy it Here)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla (Buy it Here)
- Melt 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler Farberware Classic Stainless Series 2. Add 1.5 tbsp honey and mix well.
- Using a mini muffin pan Wilton Recipe Right 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan, divide the chocolate between each of the muffin compartments. Depending on how thick you want the chocolate to be, you might be able to fill all 12 compartments. I was able to fill 9 and I have the thickness that you see in the picture. (This homemade peanut butter cup recipe is highly customizable.)
- Place the pan in your freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, 1 tbsp honey, and vanilla.
- Take your muffin pan out of the freezer. Top each piece of chocolate with a drop of peanut butter and smooth the drop over the chocolate layer.
- Put the muffin pan back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler and add the final 1.5 tbsp of honey. Mix well.
- Remove the muffin pan from the freezer and top the peanut butter layer with a final layer of chocolate. Place back in the freezer for a final 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Each peanut butter cup should pop out of the tray easily.
- Enjoy! Store these homemade peanut butter cups in the fridge or freezer.
The Perfect Gift Idea
Now I know, many of you might be thinking as to why you should make homemade peanut butter cups instead of simply buying them off the market. For starters, one of the major differences is in the prices. Spend $10 on buying the ingredients or spend $10 on buying peanut butter cups from a bakery. You will have an idea that when you buy the ingredients, you can make a lot of peanut butter cups as compared to buying from a bakery. Therefore, homemade peanut butter cups are a better value for money.
Secondly, about Valentine’s day. You can easily buy your loved one any bakery item but what truly shows your own effort is when you invest your time, energy, and resources in preparing them yourself. Ask yourself – What would you like? Your partner getting you something from the market or making something themself to show their love for you. Obviously, everyone would want their partner to put in the effort themselves.
Check this out – Recipe for Tartine English Muffins
It’s My Interest!
Alternatively, you might just be interested in home baking. Many people criticize this and suggest that it’s a waste of time or probably not worth it to have an interest in home baking. However, it’s everyone’s choice to have a hobby of their own. The homemade peanut butter cups are going to be a healthy choice too, mainly because they have limited artificial sugar and flavor content. If you would have bought them from a bakery, you might have to consider the health issues as well.
Making a homemade peanut butter cup is a good way to show your effort towards your loved ones. You can bake a few for valentines day, Christmas, or any other related events of the year. Alternatively, if you are a person who has extra cravings and a love for different types of desserts, you can just make loads of these at home instead of buying from a bakery. This will help you save on extra costs as well. We hope you loved our recipe for Homemade peanut butter cups.
You can check loads of other recipes here.