Here is a roundup of all of our top gardening posts to help you in your gardening journey.
Our Top 10 Gardening Posts of All Time
1. Simple Seed Viability Test
Don’t get rid of old seeds just because the package says they are “expired!” Use this test to check out how healthy they still are.
2. Where to Buy Seeds
Not all seed sellers are created equal. Check out some of our favorites.
3. Starting Seeds with Grow Lights
A post on how to set up an easy grow light system and guidance on the best way to grow strong seedlings using grow lights.
4. Starting Seedlings
Sometimes we forget that starting seeds isn’t second nature for some people. For those of you who need a little help getting started, this one’s for you.
5. How to Prepare Seed Potatoes for Planting
Planting seed potatoes can be tricky! For the best chances of success, you don’t just stick them in the ground.
6. How to Get Started with Raised Bed Gardening
Raised bed gardening is my favorite way to garden. Learn how to get started!
7. Raised Bed Round-Up: 5 Styles You May (or May Not) Have Heard Of
Because sometimes wood is just boring!
8. Knowing Your First and Last Frost and Freeze Dates
Knowing when to start your seeds hinges on this information. If you don’t know how to find your first and last frost and freeze dates, check out this post.
9. Homemade Insecticidal Soap
Because we are cheap and we don’t want to use pesticides, we make our own bug-killing soap.
10. Introduction to Nitrogen in Your Garden
Nitrogen is an important part of plant health. Are you giving your plants enough?