You guys all know by now that we love lavender. We posted about our top 10 uses for lavender not too long ago.
Two more things that we love are dessert and lemons. Lemonade is one of our favorite drinks. So, when we ran across the idea of making lemon bars with a hint of lavender, we decided we had to try it. We added the lavender to the crust and it makes for a subtle addition to the already delicious taste of lemon bars. We were worried that it might be overwhelming but it was far from that. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Lemon Lavender Bars
1 cup flour
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 cornstarch (buy HERE for organic GMO-free)
1 tsp salt
1 stick of butter, cut into pieces
3/4 tsp crumbled, dried lavender (buy HERE for organic)
1 cup of sugar
3 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk
1/2 cup lemon juice (and a little zest if you choose)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a glass 8×8 baking dish.
2. Mix together in a medium bowl, 3/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup confectioners sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch and 3/4 tsp salt.
3. Transfer to a food processor and pulse with cold butter and lavender until you get a crumbly mixture.
4. Put “dough” into the prepared dish and press it into the pan until it is evenly flat and compacted.
5. Bake dough for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
6. With an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs, and yolk. Add in lemon juice and the last 1/4 cup of flour and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix until well combined.
7. Pour filling over the warm crust and bake until set, about 20 minutes.
8. Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.