One of the first things we love to plant as the weather starts to warm up, even ever so slightly, is arugula.
This nutty-flavored green is a must-have in my garden. And while it is delicious in a salad or on a pizza, one of my favorite things to make with it is arugula pesto.
That’s right folks; basil isn’t the only type of pesto we whip up around these parts.
– 2 cups packed arugula leaves
– 1/2 cup walnuts
– 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 1/2 tsp salt
1. Place the arugula, walnuts, garlic, salt, and cheese in your food processor. We used this processor for the recipe, but there are others available.
2. Pulse a few times.
3. Turn your food processor on low and drizzle the olive oil in. Once all of the olive oil has been poured in, run the food processor until you get your desired consistency for the pesto.
4. Be sure to taste test before serving. (We always add more cheese and garlic. But that’s just us.)